Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Kowalski! Kowalski! Kowalski!

Today's post is dedicated to one of my favourites road movie, Vanishing point (1971, directed by Richard Sarafian, titolo italiano, Punto Zero).

As usual, I am not going to say much about this movie as you can easily check the plot on your own on Wikipedia. It's considerend a cult, one of the Tarantino's favourites and a very good example of exploitation movie.

Kowalski's silence and the 70's rock soundtrack are a perfect mix of how a road trip will have to be on the endless American highways. Super Soul, the DJ that is almost taking Kowalski along his race through the States, very much remind me the omniscient radio DJ of The warriors (I guerrieri della notte): they both report the events, but Super Soul is actually talking for Kowalski, he seems interpreting his thoughts, almost as being his soul.

A great road movie, it's worth seeing it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this movie! Great choice, nice blog... ;)